Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Weekend wrap up (A few days late)

Looks like I am going to have to fire my new assistant. She has been absolutely worthless to me in her first week on the job (hence the very belated weekend blog). I am sorry for the delay, as I have come to find that some of our followers actually look forward to reading the shenanigans that Katy and I ramble on endlessly about.

I might be able to sum up my weekend in one sentence....Wow, my butt is SORE. That pretty much tells it all. Even though I still have the most miserable head cold that continues to keep me up at night unless I drug myself heavily with nyquil (which is making me have CRAZY dreams)and prop myself up under 3 pillows while only sleeping on my side, I worked out all weekend long. Rest will let my body heal quicker, I know. I only feel bad at night and I cannot sit still all day to dwell on being sick and miserable. Most of all I cannot waste the beautiful sun filled days!

Friday started off with a silly jumping pullup and wall ball workout at my crossfit gym after work. 150 reps of each, not to shabby. I love some wall balls. I love them so much, that I decided to do the workout again. Actually, I felt bad that only one person showed up for the class after mine and I didn't want him to do it alone. Who wants to do a tough workout alone at 6pm on a Friday night? Been there, done that, not so fun. So 300 jumping pullups and 300 wall balls was the start of my weekend. Saturday is what I look forward to all week long. A morning full of beach volley with my good friends. Let me say that it was an exhausting 4 hours of long rallies, great defensive plays and some hustle. Sand legs are coming back and our level of play is improving. Completely spent from the morning, all I could muster up the energy for was a solid ab circuit and some quick yoga in the afternoon. Besides, I had to get my haircut and celebrate a friends birthday that night. Can't forget to be social!

Sunday always seems to be the marathon workout day that destroys me for the week. I woke up with my head in a fog that morning, not having slept very long or very well because of my cold, and felt pretty sore all over. I had to do my crossfit sectional wod which was 5 minutes as many reps as possible of 110# full squat clean and jerks. Normally, I am all excited, anxious, and pumped with adrenalin to do these workouts (especially with cleans!), but wasn't really feeling the love that morning. Even people at my gym commented that I didn't look my normal, peppy self. I was in la-ti-da mode and let everyone else get all jacked up about the workout. But then my competitive nature manages to surface for those 5 minutes....and boom. I completed 27 full squat clean and jerks plus a clean for 55 reps. Yeah buddy! That got me going for sure. I followed that with 5 prowler pushes at 180# and 5 rope climbs. My legs were done-zo and had a nice rope burn about 6 inches long to prove it. Take one second to relax on that rope and I am paying for it all week long. I proceeded to take a leisurely 7 mile hike with a 40# weighted backpack through el moro canyon. This time I persuaded a friend to join me which helped keep me going (Thanks Alaide!) She paced us with her new iphone app, pointed out all the snakes that I never noticed until they were a foot away from me, and never even hesitated to climb up and down the steep gravel filled "elevator" portion of the hike. There is nothing like treading gravel with worn out shoes and sliding down it wearing a heavy pack. Next hike she gets to wear a weighted backpack so she can suffer along with me!

Needless to say, my legs were done after my weekend full of activities. They felt like cement come Monday morning, but there is NO JIGGLE WHAT SO EVER!!! If anything, all this training is speeding up results for our LGN (Look Good Naked) Ops!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up girl you are doing great..death race got nothing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugggg we HAVE been slacing this week with the blogs!!! But good LORD loo...u think you have done enough for me too so I'm going to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete