Sunday, April 3, 2011

Eff You Logs

WOW weekend you were stacked huh?  I don't think I have done that many things in two days since boot camp...and actually at boot camp I think we had half of Sundays off? Maybe? Sarah do you remember? 
So I wasn't going to tell anyone about this as it would un-necessarily worry people but I had to tell my friend Jen who isn't following this blog but she told Dayspring who IS so the proverbial cat is out of the bag...or in my case the non-proverbial girl has fallen off her deck.  I fell off my deck Friday trying to get trash out of a tree courtesy of the raccoons that I am co-located with.  No bigs I thought I cracked a rib but jut a bruise and I'm fine.  SERIOUSLY LOO I'm FINE.  I feel great promise.
Yesterday was long and busy.  It started with a quick 30 minute warm up run then 5X225 DL, 7 HSPU and 10 DBSC (remember?? cause I like them a LOT) with 25# dbs for 5 rounds.  I drove home and in my car parked at the barn decided I wasn't done so I did 10 rounds SLOW and steady no resting but not going for time of 10X135 DL-10 RT leg step ups with 30#-10 Pull ups-10 LFT leg step ups with 30#.  Then it was a mad scramble to make macadamia crusted salmon,  baked cinnamon butternut squash and sautéed spinach with heirloom tomatoes for my friend Amber whom I hadn't seen in 5 years and had run into at the gym 4 hours ago and decided to make dinner.  While doing that I had to finish the book for the book club meeting I was hosting later that night... prayed for torrential down pour so I wouldn't have to figure out how to clean up whatever it was the raccoon vomited on my stairs after eating my trash last night.  We had the dinner, met for the book club which had some interesting extracurricular activities running in conjunction.  It was one of those book club/body waxing  get togethers...Ya know the ones where all your friends come over and you all discuss the book you read while one at a time get body hair removed by a trained professional in the kitchen...you all know what I'm talking about....you've been there.
Today I have crafted quite the dastardly plan actually.  We all know by now that I live in a barn...yes Tina an actual barn not  an "oh I thought that was a joke" kind of barn.  Anyways my mail box is about 800m away, down a gravel path that has two large hills.  I will make 10 trips to that mailbox today each time either carrying one of my logs, pushing my wheel barrow bogged down with 125# of weights, carrying this RIDICULOUS sand filled sea bag that weighs 100# that Jake built, sprinting or carrying two unevenly weighted buckets.  Between each trip there will be 10 pull ups, 25 walking lunges holding said log and 1 minute of planks.  Again I will attempt to just stay steady and not rest .  I will let you all know in the next paragraph how that turns out.
That was...hands down...the worst thing I have done in a very long time...which scares me because it was only two hours...and as we can pretty much tell as of now this race takes at LEAST 22 hours and that is  if your shit hawt.  UHHHHH....yea I have some WORK to do.  Like, have you ever been in the middle of doing something terrible and thought "hmmm...there are like a million things I'd rather be doing right now and NONE of them involve this EFFING log".  Me and that log...man we are NOT friends, in fact I fully intend on setting fire to every log I see from now  until I feel better about myself.  Lunging with that thing is NOT the best time I have ever had in fact I would rather have chemicals poured on my face.  (that's funny to me because I actually DID have chemicals poured on my face Friday and am currently REALLY really attractive to snakes, lizards and other scaly creatures).   I forced a poor 16 year old girl to play this game with me today but after an hour her parents probably thought I had skinned her and fed her to my Frenchie so i had to return her home then come back and finish the workout. 
work...I have work indeed.

3 comments:

  1. Shit now we didn't get HALF of Sunday off... We had like a couple hours in the squad bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that kept me moving today was knowing that you were doing such a terrible workout that I wanted to be a part of....way to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record my A$$ is in PAIN and the plae on my shoulders where the effing log sat is junked right now...I love it.

    ReplyDelete