Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happiness

Life is full of ups and downs....with work, relationships, family, money, your emotional state, the path to pursuing your goals, and the list will continue on forever. Things always seem to be in a period of fluctuation, and there always seems to be that one area that needs improvement. It was a few weeks ago that Katy said to me that she probably wouldn't change a darn thing about her life right now. And you know what? After this past week and weekend, I would have to totally agree with her. It feels so good to be at a point in your life when you are really truly happy and feel fulfilled. A point where you can take a step back and think that you are so blessed to be healthy, surrounded by good people, enjoy your job and just want to smile.

I had this huge, dumb grin on my face come Friday and it lasted almost all weekend long. Sure, it was Friday and the work week was just about over, but that wasn't it. I actually kind of miss my little glamazon and her parents when I don't see them for a few days. I know that the fact that my cold had taken a turn for the better and I finally had regained my energy by Wednesday helped some. I attacked some workouts during the week which contributed to my happiness. I got a pretty bad ass PR in Fight Gone Bad at my crossfit gym, did another horrid nap time weighted ruck on the stepmill/pushups/burpees workout, some KBS and pullups....the usual crossfit stuff. I am finding a new desire within myself to keep pushing my limits, which is exciting. I finished my week with some beach volleyball with great friends and we all couldn't stop talking about how excited we were for our Saturday morning volleyball we had set up. Talk about a great workout....6 competitive girls playing queen of the court beach volley in 80 degree weather for 4 hours. It was absolutely exhausting. It's full of burpees, short sprints, air squats, plyometric jumping, lunging, diving, and not to mention the mental aspect of playing the game and having ball control. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday than still showing a passion for a sport that has given me so much and to do it with amazing friends.

That's the next part of my happiness. I have managed to find and surround myself with people who are supportive, inspiring, fun and all around good people. I LOVE my beach volley girls, without them I would be lost. Seriously lost. The girls who first welcomed me when I moved out to Cali, who share my passion for volley, who are always there even though you may not see them for months, but most of all bring laughter to the point of tears every time we are together. I LOVE the peeps at my crossfit gym and look forward to seeing and competing with them everyday. The camaraderie, the encouragement, the feeling of family. Who else can you have dinner with and see a movie with on a Saturday night, and be EXCITED when you plan to do the dreaded Sevens workout with them the following morning? And you curse them as you are doing the terrible workout (pretty sure this is where I lost my smile for the weekend), but then they thoughtfully packed you paleo cookies to take on your hike you have planned post workout? Thanks Karen. Ate all the delicious cookies pre-hike! And who can you convince to not only hike with you, but wear a weighted backpack and struggle along with you? My awesome friend Alaide. She is a trooper and keeps me moving. Plus, it's great to have someone to eat with post hike when you look like Pigpen and are stumbling around because your legs aren't working properly.

So basically what I am trying to say is that my life is pretty awesome right now. Couldn't be happier and don't want to change a thing. Except maybe for the fact that I am ridiculously sore. :)

2 comments:

  1. I said darn??? Like in a sentence??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great weekend you know I would have never done the sevens by myself! Keep inspriring us to push harder and get stronger. Good friends good times and sore muscles! This is the life :)

    ReplyDelete