Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just call me the bag lady

I feel like people just gawk and stare at me with this funny look on their faces these days....What is she doing? Where is she going? Why is she carrying all that stuff? I bet some people even begin to wonder if I am homeless. It's not uncommon to see me wearing my weighted ruck walking along the streets pushing the stroller, all while carrying a diaper bag, purse and having the dog in tow. If I saw someone walking down the street like that, I would question if they were homeless. I am beginning to feel like my grandma Estee. Whenever she would come over to visit, she would have multiple bags full of goodies for everyone. A bag of treats from Malley's candy where she worked, a grocery bag full of food she wanted to try from the store, but figured we would like more, and bags of all her "new finds" from her latest shopping spree at Saks Fifth Avenue or TJmaxx. She was known as the bag lady. Now every morning when I leave my apartment, my arms are full of bags. Today I struggled to balance my coffee as I lugged 4 different bags a few blocks to my car. I am starting my functional training at 6:30am. My purse, my enormous volleyball bag full of balls and lines, my gym bag full of workout clothes just in case I make it to the gym or can squeeze in a nap time workout, and of course a bag with a change of regular clothes and such. Working with kids, you always have to be prepared for getting dirty, spit up on, peed on. It happens.

As I get to my car, I realize I need to clean out my car. Desperately. Where am I going to put all this stuff? I hardly had room for the 6 bags of groceries I bought the other day. I continue to add to the contents of my car on a daily basis, but am having a very difficult time removing them. I am pretty sure I could start living out of it at this point. It's seriously getting embarrassing. Every time I open a door, something comes falling out.....a shoe, a water bottle, a dirty sock. If anyone is wondering where that lost sock of theirs is, it maybe in the abyss I call my car. I sent a picture of my trunk to Katy this morning after I jammed the jogging stroller on top of all my stuff. What's in there you ask? My usual emergency car kit, some volleyballs and court lines, a diaper bag, a baby bjorn, 2 five gallon buckets full of 50# of gravel, my framed ruck filled with 50# of sand, a weighted backpack for anyone dumb enough to hike with me, 50# worth of dumbbells, 2 erosion sandbags weighing in at about 40# each, a george foreman grill (you never know), a bag full of old clothes on their way to goodwill. That bag of clothes has come in handy lately when I seem to forget workout clothes or my bathing suit to play volley. Yes, all of that is in my trunk. Probably not doing much good for my gas mileage these days. What's in the rest of my car? A case of water, a car seat, a stroller or two, kids toys, 3 pairs of running shoes, my ugg boots, flip flops, hiking shoes, an endless amount of dirty socks, a workout bag with gym clothes, real clothes are everywhere.....I am just trying to be prepared for anything I guess.

Looks like I am going to have to clean out my car if I think I am going to get my newly acquired wheel barrow in there. Just add it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment