Thursday, April 7, 2011

huh....INTERESTING

So....I am aware that I already posted for today but...uh...I have to have a little Bitch de la Katya session.  I am a subcontractor slotted in a RadBnMods Team billet that falls under the MARCORSYSCOM umbrella housed in what is now a  ManTech facility.  This means that my building is run by ManTech, My team is directed by MARCORSYSCOM and I am paid by VNE.  Now all of that needs only to be kept straight really by me but I figured I'd let you all know a little bit about my adult life.

ANYWAYS...so...as I stated my building, which houses MANY contracts directed by many companies, is administratedly (is that a word?) headed by ManTech.  ALL damn day long i get ridiculous emails about ice cream socials, BBQs, lets walk around the parking lot for exercise bull shit...whatever I usually just delete them.  When Loo an myself decided that we would raise money for WWP I thought "perfect!  I work in an environmnet that is 98% former/active Marines and I am SURE they would be happy to donate to the cause."  Now ManTech has mandated that I, as an employee under the 6006 contract, am not important enough to directly email all of the other 300 people that work in my building at my own leisure. There are many rules...apparently. 

Knowing full well as a former Marine the cost of jumping your COM, I went through the proper chain of command.  I emailed the head admin chick and asked her if she could distro an email about the event the cause and the WWP site to the 6006 contractor distro thus getting it to EVERY employee in the building.  I assumed since i had seen flyerrs all over the bathroom about the 2.5 mile stroller walk in the park for March of Dimes, that this would be a feasible request and people would be happy to help.  WELL...that was dumb of me apparently.  "Management has concerns about distro-ing your email for donation" ...really....REALLY...thats is VERY INTERESTING AS I HAVE BEEN SOLICITED and VISUALLY HARASSED BY FLYERS AND THREE EMAILS TODAY ALONE TO GO BUY FUCKING CUPCAKES AT THE BAKE SALE THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 2 DAYS NOW IN THE FUCKING BREAK ROOM. Who is that money going to? What WORTHY charity is deemed good enough for you assholes since mine is not and my sacrifice...because lets face it it IS a sacrifice of my time money and physical well being to participate in this race...is not great enough.  I did NOT spend 2 hours making brownies and putting them in a plastic bag to sell for a dollar to all the already pushing maximum density herd of personnel that roam wheezing and panting around the great halls of the ITSFAC.  So I apologize for the tone of this note and for the next few words, but I'm pretty aggitated right now...FUCK YOU MANTECH.

you all have a good day i just ran for an hour outside, I am about to put my favorite local family through a WOD then go train MYSELF for the Death Race.

2 comments: