Thursday, April 7, 2011

The things that we do

Man this weather is awesome which leads me to believe that it is in fact going to snow tomorrow.  That seems to be par for NORVA these days.  I have spent the last day discovering parts of my butt that I did not know existed.  It  turns out when you perform lunges…many many lunges with logs or overhead weights or your weight vest there are parts of your butt that are activated that otherwise during the course of your day while you are fighting terrorism with your mouse and keyboard…you would not use.  My butt hurts. 
Yesterday was a treat.   I know Loo is intimately familiar with the “smoking Gun” wod but she is probably the only one here…well wait belay my last…maybe I have made Mark do it once before and I think Jake has been privy but that’s probably about it.  Well I am here to tell you that mutha effer is a BEAST.  I guess by the book you are just supposed to use 105# for chicks to perform 7 rounds of 4Xburpee dead lifts, 3Xburpee hang cleans, 2Xburbee squat cleans, 1Xburpee squat clean and jerk.  I started with 105 which was terrible enough but decided I wasn’t making enough of an ass out of my self at the local globo gym (man Amanda you should have been there you would have made funsies of me) so I went up in weight until I got to 135# for the last set…and IT WAS UGLY I tell you what.  I got a few nods from some meat heads that maybe had some grasp of the pain I was in but for the most part it was just the side looks out of the corners of eyes more than likely thinking to themselves “isn’t this why we don’t let girls in this section of the gym”  That’s probably true sir…there is a reason you don’t let girls over here/there in the boys club section of the gym but I tell ya I have seen what you fools do over here and it makes me a little uncomfortable.  What are those things you all do…those things where you hold the bar on the smith machine loaded down with like 600# and you put those wrist wrappy things on and your posse stands behind you and you pick it up and stand there and like roll your shoulders back? What is that thing called? I call it lame duck sauce or “useless” but that’s just me.  Why is the posse always so impressed with this movement?  I was caught staring at a group doing the lame duck sauce exercise once and they like did this “psssh yea you wanna try it cause you’re impressed” thing with their head…I smiled and proceeded to invert myself and knock out a gaggle of hand stand push ups.  That’s right…I’m better than you!
OH and side bar I found out today that one of my classes is an intro to informations systems class...OMG ITS LIKE THE ONE THING I AM THE LEAST INTERESTED IN IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE the Smoking Gun. It's a whole different ball game when you are doing it for time and you have people yelling at you to go faster, don't stop or don't let go of the bar and worst of all yelling "NO REP"! I would love to slow the beast down and add some weight. Way to get it done. :)

    Lame duck sauce exercises at globo gym.....Don't even get me started. They need to be video taped. I laugh out loud as I watch the meatheads stare at themselves in the mirror, grunt and beat their chests like gorillas as they perform their amazing, functional exercises. The baby bicep curls, side crunches holding a plate, pullups that involve only a 4" range of motion. I don't think anyone knows how to squat or work their legs at all.

    My butt is sore in places I didn't know existed either....but there is no jiggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ side crunch holding a plate!!!! I wish I could see you girls working out at your globo gyms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, What? You're not supposed to do standing side crunches? That's functional! For like... something?

    ReplyDelete