Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am under the bus

Thank you to all those people who are throwing me under the bus right now.....You dedicated blog followers, my friends that feel neglected, and most of all Katya, who now wants me to share my embarassing funny story. My story just goes to show that I AM TIRED from training and life in general. Barely keeping my head above water on most days. Pretty sure we have been out of toilet paper for a few days now at my apartment, I have no clue what the date is and when my bills are due, showering is not a priority over sleep on some days, but at least I am wearing clean clothes. I apologize for my lack of dedication to the blog and will do my best to pick up the slack. I have come to realize that I need to neglect my friends even more for the next two months because any attempts at being social for even a few hours seems to derail me from my routine and getting everything accomplished in a timely fashion. But I promise you, that I am not slacking on training. All I do is work and train. Now my crossfit friends and coaches are calling me the crazy girl who is doubling up on wods, doing extra prowler pushes and rope climbs and running/hiking after workouts. Even on my "day off" Saturday while wine tasting with friends, I felt the need to train. If you consider chinese fire drills at stop lights wearing storm trooper helmets and sprinting after the limo that left you a workout. And don't forget to add indian leg wrestling marines as well. I do that stuff because I am me. There is no other explanation. I have to be doing something right though because I managed to get myself recruited to play roller derby. Two girls drove by me while at the ATM the other day, they circled around, parked and then approached me about joining their team. I looked strong and like I could take people out.....why yes, yes I can. Might have found my new hobby. Post race of course.

Okay, so on to my story. Just as Katya was exhausted and brain dead in class texting me all about it yesterday, I was in the same boat. I told her how I was struggling to keep my eyes open driving to my doctors appointment. Don't worry, I am not sick or hurt. Just a regular girlie checkup with my ob/gyn. (Sorry for those guys who I made completely uncomfortable with where this story is going) Being the last appointment of the day, I figure they would be behind schedule, but would make this a quick checkup and want to get out of there as soon as possible. I found a comfy couch in the empty waiting room, did the usual paperwork and was doing the classic head nod to startled state of being awake for about 10 minutes before being called back. The back office was bustling, people trying to get their last minute charts done, seemed a bit unorganized to me. I was quickly thrown in a room with those fashionable paper gowns, told to get all set up on the table and the doctor would be in to see me shortly. This is where guys just won't understand the humor of the story. First of all, those paper "gowns" are just nonsensical. To attempt to keep them on while sitting on those damn short half reclined tables where your legs dangle at an awkward angle that makes your back hurt is nearly impossible. And they blow in the breeze of the air conditioning vent that is always directly above the table. Why do they keep those rooms so frigid? To keep you even more uncomfortable? Like the thought of what is going to happen at the appointment ahead of you isn't uncomfortable enough. So what do I do at this point you ask? I fall asleep. Like caught myself snoring a few times and did the scrambling I may be falling in my dream so let's try to grab on to the paper on the table for dear life kinda sleeping. And then I was out cold, only to be woken up by a nurse who found me sleeping as she was doing a check to see if the rooms were set up for the next day of appointments. I was asleep for an hour, the doctor left without seeing me (as well as everyone else left the office except for the nurse who found me) and I basically was about to be locked in the office for the night. Thanks god for that diligent nurse who saved me from spending the night in my new paper jammies in the doctors office. Great times, hope you got a good laugh out of it. Just goes to show that I AM TIRED!!!!

That had nothing to really do with training, but that's what Katya wanted me to share with you all. LOL. On a side note, I too have adopted a new silly 80# sandbag for turkish getups. There is no doubt that I need to be video taped attempting to do them because I pretty much felt like I was being tackled by a small child for 10 minutes straight the other day. Talk about entertaining.

I promise I will post more about training, but I still need to give an amazing blog shout out to my team mom and friend Ms. Karen Hoover. She and I participated in her first crossfit event last Friday night "Helen meets Grace". I am so very proud of her for attacking the workout, pushing herself to a new level and being an awesome partner! Did I mention she was the oldest woman doing women's RX weight? She is a rockstar, has the most heart out of anyone that will ever compete, and has the biggest heart to support her friends, like me, while training for the death race. Congratulations on finishing your first crossfit competition Karen!

3 comments:

  1. I...JUST...keep ... laughing...It's my favorite story...like to the point where i want to lie and say its my story becasue its SO funny. yea when Loo gets here we plan to vidoe tape a few things for humor. 80# sandbag turkish get ups in tiaras and the get your jeans on dance. We both have foudn that we have rather developed lower bodies so we struggle getting jeans that fit its a good time and will be posted after the race in a drunken stupor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it would have been hilarious if they LEFT you there!! Like... THAT would have made it unbelievable! But like I told Katy earlier.. at least you got a good hour nap in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say my baths were getting boring with no blogs from the girls but this one was well worth the wait bahahahahaha! I almost drowned laughing so hard.

    Who ever the other Karen on this site is THANKS ALOT! I got a text from Laura asking what competition I had entered turns out it was your post and then the next thing I know I am signed up for Barbells for Boobs LOL! Thanks for the shout out Laura I had a blast could not have done it with out you! Chalk one up for the old broads!

    Keep those blogs coming can't wait for the big day.

    Love from your team Mom :)

    ReplyDelete