Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Crazy Pace of Life

Let it be known now, that I am a dork. It is my daily goal to be in bed by 9pm every week night, 9:30 at the latest, otherwise I am just not a productive person the next day. At least when it comes to taking care of kids. Now don't get me wrong, if you send me to Vegas, I will tear it up. Who needs sleep in Vegas? But it must have been no later than 8pm last night when I could hardly form sentences and carry on a conversation with my roomie. At least he got some entertainment out of me. Mumbling about doing double unders and trying to teach him how to bake biscuits. I am going to blame my general dumbness on my complete lack of organization this week. I, like Katy, am an OCD organized kind of girl. I like my schedule and routines and don't stray far from it. If I do, things just don't get done.

I had a plan today, which was mistake #1 with a baby. My "glamazon in training" partner was throwing a wrench into my plans of grocery shopping and cooking early so we could enjoy a nice long walk on this gorgeous, sunny, 80 degree day. Anyone with a kid knows, you have to roll with the punches. Our trip to the store was the highlight of my day because I am still starving, I love to cook and came up with some great meals for the next few days. Eggplant Cabonata over mahi mahi tonight. YUM! Enough with the digression before I have to make myself something else to eat. We never made it for a walk today because my little glamazon was pooped out from this weeks training and napped for almost 3 hours this afternoon. Even though she isn't the one wearing the 40# backpack, pushing the stroller up hills or trying to figure out how to balance it all while picking up dog poop in the middle of the sidewalk, she is working hard with a smile on her face. Tomorrow is another day. Today was a day off that was well deserved for the both of us. And when I say a day off for me, I mean from the gym too. I spent the evening playing 2 hours of beach volleyball with my friends. Ahhhhh, I love Southern California.

Naptime was get organized time. Lists were made, searched for stuff I need to buy for the race, emails sent to friends to spread the word about Team Glamazon, plans for workouts and hikes made for the weekend. It was certainly not as exciting as Katy's big shopping day, but guess what.....BOUGHT MY PLANE TICKET! Cross that off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment