Monday, March 28, 2011

Reality has hit

I cursed at my alarm when it went off at 5:45 this morning. My weekend was over and where did it go? As I attempted to sit up in bed painfully sore, I remembered. It was spent throwing my body around on the beach, lifting weights, running, carrying weights on a stepmill and treadmill, doing pullups and pushups, sweating. Then I checked my email with sleepy eyes. I cursed myself again. It's official. I have been accepted as a registrant into the race. There is no turning back. I read the next few emails that I received from "the undertaker". I haven't even gotten my morning coffee yet and I have a stomach ache. This is real.

I better find a local newspaper and get an article written. ASAP. Add it to the checklist. Time to purchase a plane ticket. I need to figure out when and how to squeeze more workouts into the week. If you didn't know, I am a nanny and work 10 hour days. Guess who my newest training partner is going to be? Yep, that's right. Little Emerson. When she naps, I will have to hit the stepmill and do pushups and burpees in the garage. When we go for a walk with the dog, I will be wearing my weighted backpack and searching out any hills I can find. She weighs only 16 pounds, but I will be wearing or carrying that child wherever we go. I better start filling her pockets with rocks.

My planned hike yesterday didn't happen. I drove to the canyon, bucket of gravel in hand only to be stopped by a park ranger at the gate. There had been a good amount of rain that day and it was still slightly drizzling. He said there were mudslides and unsafe hiking conditions. Meh. I told him those were ideal training conditions for me! He laughed at me and my bucket, and told me to try again when things dry out. Boooooo! Game plan after work: Hike the muddy canyon.

My mind is racing and scattered with all that needs to be accomplished. Lucky for me I have a bad ass partner on the east coast that is pretty much running this show right now. She is a Glamazon for sure!

Nap time is over.....time to trek around Corona Del Mar. Honk at the crazy nanny if you see me along the way!

1 comment:

  1. wait...what show am I running I have NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING!!!!

    ReplyDelete