Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Funday

You are killing me Katy. I feel this immense amount of guilt by the time I roll out of bed at 7am this morning to see 15 new facebook messages about what you have already accomplished for the day and then I read your blog. On top of the guilt, I now have anxiety ridden stomach cramps and need to get an article published ASAP. I like my eyebrows right where they are thank you very much. I will not quit this race before it begins. Even though I was born to carry hay bails around, I would prefer to not start this race behind the eight ball. Lets add scramble to find a local newspaper to write about me entering the death race on my list of things to do.

My trip to Home Depot was a success. The back of my car is currently equipped with 5 gallon buckets and 50# bags of gravel for a hike. I am considering purchasing a wheel barrow and cinder blocks to push around town, maybe even the beach. Unless someone knows of someone that will let me borrow one for the time being? I figure that I will be making weekly trips to Home Depot to buy useless stuff that I may never use again after training for this race. But being the Wooer that I am and sharing my life story with the employees there, they reassured me that I should save my receipts and just return anything I don't break. Yay! The thought has crossed my mind to stop at construction sights to volunteer to help move stuff and doing heavy lifting. Yes, I will be that crazy girl if I have to be. And I am still trying to figure out where I can chop would in SoCal, being that I live 2 blocks from the beach and people might think I have lost it if I attack a palm tree. People around here buy a bundle of twigs for $10 to start a bonfire at the beach. Now that is crazy to me!

Fortunately for me, we didn't get snow out here in SoCal, but we have rain. Rain that I would prefer not to deal with on my first planned attempt to hike a canyon with a 5 gallon bucket full of gravel. Looks like I will be going this one alone because my friends don't love me that much to hike in the rain. My pre-hike decision to swing by my crossfit gym for a wod turned out to be a great start to my day. Totally last minute and unprepared, and considering my legs and shoulders are toast from yesterday, I decided that doing Murph was a logical workout to complete. Another guy decided to join in the fun and I suffered. The great news is, I made it with doing a little extra running and the rain subsided by the time I finished. There might just be a dry hike in my future today!

2 comments:

  1. As I sit here in my bathtub jets a bubbling and chuckling a little I am reminded of exactly why I both love and admire you Miss Laura and your zest for life! I will happily sit in a wheel barrel and let you push Me down the boardwalk LOL! I will hike with you and try to keep up you may have to carry me but again more strength preparation for you. All kidding aside I think you ladies are gutsy and strong and without a doubt will make us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU KAREN!!! Tons of people think we are crazy for doing this race together...We both know what our reasons are and I fully believe that the things in life you think you can't accomplish are the only things worth doing. Prove yourself wrong!

    ReplyDelete