Thursday, March 31, 2011

TIger Balm is not a one man job.

Ya know I have all these good ideas for things to write throughout the day and by the time I sit down to write, I'm dumb again and can't remember what I was going to say.  today was awesome actually aside from the pinched whatever I have in my left whatever muscle that is back there on my back some place ...I feel decent.  THATS not why it was awesome.  My day was awesome because  I GOT TO SHOP TODAY!!!!  Now...I know what you are thinking Sarah (how do you guys feel about me directly addressing my best friend? I'm OK with it) "OMG tell me about the new William Rast jeans, L.A.M.B. shoes, must have mascara or amaaaaaazing lip-gloss you bought"  well I WOULD only none of those things made it into my "cart" today.  What was there instead was a pair of Inov8 trail running shoes, a 40# weight vest, a Petzl and two E-Tools...yes that's right...I BOUGHT military issued gear...she is so disappointed right now I can feel it and she lives in Washington...please don't un-make me Jetts Godmother.  I have no clue what will be on the gear list so I am winging it.  All of you that live in my AO be fully prepared to have your garages ransacked for whatever last minute items I can't find in my barn.  It's just me let it happen.
So today the weight was upped in the pack to 40# my lovely gym assistant Alaha refused to let me slack when I said "meh I can stick with 35# no bigs" the jerk went running off to grab a nickel and threw it in my pack...it's a good thing she's pretty otherwise I'm sure  I would have at LEAST pushed her down.  I returned later this evening,  to what is quickly becoming my unhappy place, to complete 4 rounds of:  50 double unders, 20 evil wheels, 15 chin ups and 5 power cleans with 135#.  This all at the suggestion of Loo.  Like the rest of you , I will agree I think she is mad at me for SOMETHING.  All I can say is it's AMAZING how slowly you will power clean when your traps, much like Libya, Syria, Egypt and Wisconsin, go on strike. Then finished it off  that nonsense with 10 minutes walking with 2/20# kettle bells, one in each hand.  They seemed light so that was uplifting.  I do feel stronger.  Still a little misty but it's getting there.  People are offering to help in any way they can.  My beast of a boss comes into my cube everyday when he has to go to the other building for a meeting and assumes the position to be fireman's carried...I probably should take him up on it but I'm pretty sure the ManTech head dude will frown upon it.  That guy already doesn't like me.  I have also lost 5# in 5 days which is bad so I am going to have to you guessed it eat more YAY!!!
I think it was like in my first post or something I said "Right now we are excited about the thought of humping with weighted rucks, climbing the step mill with weighted vests, farmers carrying giant kettle bells for miles on the treadmill, perfecting our wood chopping skills..." have to admit excited is not the prominent emotion.  Man sorry guys but I am a big fat liar...well my dad already knew that but the rest of you I bet are SHOCKED!!
I am retiring to my couch to start and finish a book I have to have read by my book club meeting on Saturday.  That's right I am a member of a book club I am fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment