Friday, March 25, 2011

"The Decision"...the best idea we ever had

There have been many times in my life where I have thought I was pretty tough or strong or in general Bravo Alpha.  I have come across events and thought "huh that looks like funsies" or "meh that would be a cake walk" or "Not worth the effort to try...too easy" something along those lines.  This is NOT one of those times.  I stumbled across the Peak Death Race a few months ago probably by accident.  It is more than likely I was looking for a  website on which to purchase shoes or headbands and http://www.youmaydie.com/ popped up.  I watched the video and thought "self you will NEVER do that". That was my first mistake.  It turns out I have this small competitive problem.  I am in greatest competition with myself.  I once told myself I would never run a marathon so three days later I ran a marathon, toldd myself I would never compete in a jiu jitsu competition so I did several.  hell I told myself I would NEVER joing the military so...enlisted in the Marine Corps.  I knew the second the thought passed through my head...damnit Katherine now you have to run the Death Race.  My second mistake was contacting he who shall be known as "the Undertaker" and expresing my interest in the event.  The only good idea I have had was tricking my friend and newest partner in crime Laura to participate with me in this what we will now refer to as the best idea we have ever had.  There is an interesting back story about how it came to be that Ms Svette and I are now in each others lives and maybe sometime in the future we will blog about that but for now we will stick to this topic...though I will tell you...its one of the better stories you will hear. 

This all transpired yesterday.  Me re-finding the link, contacting the undertaker, registering, forcing Loo to register with me and setting the wheels in motion.   

Loo and I are still in that euphoric glow stage of this decision.  We are excited about all the things that we have no idea are about to transpire.  Somehow in my mind this will just be a lovely stroll through the mountains of Vermont this dillusion cements the fact that the gravity has not even come CLOSE to setting. We are excited and motivated and cant wait to start preparring for this event.  Right now we are focused on the thought of humping with weighted rucks, climbing the step mill with weighted vests, farmers carring giant kettlebells for miles on the treadmill, perfecting our wood chopping skills and of COURSE figureing out what we are going to wear.  Come June 25th we will venture up to Pittfield, VT and put our tenacity to the test.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Do you want me to come and video your athletic prowess with my flip camera...sure beats my cooking videos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes we need video proof that this happened!!!

    ReplyDelete