Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello? Are you alive?

Yes, I am still alive. I am a horrible blogger, we all know this by now. I am still training. I am getting excited. I am scrambling, my mind is racing all the time, I can hardly sleep at night. I have gone so far as to sleep in my contacts a few nights to struggle with tired eyes. Katy and I cannot believe the race is almost here and we get to see each other in a few weeks. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary of "the blur" last week. Presents to be exchanged when I see her.....and tattoos will be in our future.

I conquered the Tough Mudder race a few weekends ago, which gave me a little boost in confidence about my athletic ability. All my hiking has really paid off, I was flying up the mountain and obstacles weren't too bad for me. But I do have to say that I was left badly bruised, felt like someone used a brillo pad to loofa my body and have scrapes that would lead you to believe I let a cat use me as a scratching post. Great learnings for what to wear for the Death Race.

I am looking forward to meeting up with a few of my fellow Death Racers this weekend to do a "Mini Death Race" that was designed by a few of their friends. Call it a dry run for what we are up against in a few weeks. We have a gear list of what we will need to bring and will find out late Friday night as to where and when our event will take place. They did a mock race a few weeks ago that began at 4:30am Saturday, covered 50 miles in 14 hours, required biking, swimming, hiking, and nonsense that attracted the police to question their sanity....Oh boy. I can't wait!

Okay, this is a lame short post. I know. But at least it is a post!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! It's good to see a post! I was a little worried Laura!!

    ReplyDelete